TURKISH CITIZENSHIP BY INVESTMENT
According to the amendments in the implementing regulations of the Turkish Citizenship Act which wass published today 19.09.2018 in the Official Gazette, foreigners has a right to obtain Turkish citizenship;
– Purchased a property for at least 250.000 $ in Turkey which will not be sold for three years,
– Fixed capital investments should be at least 500.000 $
– Turkish citizenship will be granted to foreigners who will deposit at least 500.000 $ which will be keep deposited in banks for 3 years or will borrowed to the government instruments for three years
Moreover, with the new amendment, the foreigner who will employ at least 50 employees would be entitled to receive Turkish citizenship.
BENEFITS OF TURKISH CITIZENSHIP
*Your wife / husband and children under 18 years old can acquire citizenship together with you at the same time.
* When you apply for citizenship, you are not required to declare your assets or income that you currently have in other countries.
*You do not have to have lived continuously in Turkey for a certain period to become eligible for citizenship. You can continue to live abroad and apply for citizenship as soon as you get the residence permit.
* You can travel to many countries without the need to follow a cumbersome visa application process.
Many of these countries allow Turkish citizens to stay 30 to 90 days without any visa requirement and also some countries grant visas upon arrival or issue electronic visas upon online application.
The Visa Liberalization Dialogue, the aim of which is to grant Turkish citizens visa-free travel right to Schengen countries, between Turkey and the EU, was launched in 2013. Once achieved, further 26 European countries will be added to the list of 102 countries where Turkish citizens can already travel freely.
MAIN STEPS FOR TURKISH CITIZENSHIP BY INVESTMENT
1.Open a Bank Account: An account should be opened in a Turkish bank in the name of the investor.
2.Make an Investment: Carry out the necessary investment transactions such as property title deed transfer, cash deposit, government bond/share purchase etc.
3 Residence Permit Application: Applicants are required to hold a valid residence permit at the time of citizenship application. Nevertheless, permit holders can continue to live abroad as long as they wish.
4.Turkish Citizenship Application: After obtaining your residence permit, you can apply for Turkish citizenship immediately. A physical presence or interview is not required during the application process.